Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 02, 2006

22 years and 9 days after


He left when he was 15, assimilated, got the whole American pie. In 1997, 22 years since we saw each other he sent me a ticket we met again. We were different people, as time does to you. He had his baggage and so did I (I said "I"). Eventually we got to know each other again, his friends, my friends, his family , my family. He was colonized but now he is more of the true ethnic person that he is. We like him. He is my best friend and my bestman! And to think we are only 9 days apart. Coinki-dinky?

Happy Birthday Teban!

Photo: by Jude September 16, 2006

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post and pic, and you used the word "I"...duly noted...happy birthday to Teban the Hawaiian (try it, it rhymes). He's always going to be part of family lore now, I'm sure he knows it...

peggy

Charissa said...

Happy Birthday, Stephen. Yes, you are part of the family.
Charissa

Anonymous said...

Hoy, did not know that Teban also had birthdays. he always looks so young... Teban.. Happy birthday...you are and always will be a part of the family.. it was nice talking to you again, after so many years..

Daddy and Mommy

Jose Rizal said...

Happy Birthay Stephen!! I have a hard time saying "Teban" ... mahirap na, baka madulas.

Anonymous said...

nice photo.. happy to see your folks looking really good... steve happy birthday :)